It’s been a long series, but I hope it’s helped you deal with Survival Mode a bit better. My last tip for Getting Out of Survival Mode is to make the invitation. Often it’s easier for others to come to us than it is for us to get out to go somewhere. It’s not always the case because then you’ll probably need to host, but it can be very beneficial for a few different reasons. First, let me share what I originally wrote about this:
18. Invite others over so you don’t have to go anywhere if that is easier for you. It is for me.
I invite people to come over to my house to visit as often as I can instead of having to drive out to them. It’s more taxing for me to have to plan and execute a car trip out than it is to have someone over for lunch. You may find it different for you, but this works for me.
There really are several parts to this. Making the invitation, instead of trying to get out, helps those in trial for several reasons:
- It allows you to keep control over your life a wee bit when so many things seem out of your control.
- It allows you to be in a more comfortable environment rather than having to do without the comforts of your home you’ve built into your health condition. It’s like home court advantage. LOL
- It keeps you from having to drive out and back.
- It helps keep down the expenses because there is less gas or wear and tear on your car
- It keeps you in contact with friends and family as some may stop inviting you because you’ve canceled before or said you couldn’t come.
- It can help you feel connected to the world, especially if you are a homebody.
- It can be a great help to you to keep your spirits up and keep you closer to sanity to ask a trusted friend rather than make it just a gathering of friends.
If you find yourself in trail, take a look back at this series (scroll back to the first in the series) and read them over and over as you need them. Joy is around the corner, even if your trial isn’t over. You just need to make some changes, surround yourself with those who understand (check out LifeBeondSurviving.com ), and take some time to look for the joy hidden inside the trials each day.
I hope you found some of what you seek inside these articles. Stay with me for more on how to find the joy and get through life’s trials. 😀